THIS APPLIES TO ALL TITLE EXAMINERS IN GENERAL
The rules for office record search in the Ohio County Clerk’s Office are below.
We reserve the right to limit the number of individuals in our Office for the purpose of complying with social distance rules; a group of people is not
considered as “one.”
Please carefully review the following operating rules for the Clerk’s Office and if you are in charge of a group of employees, please share this with
them. They will be expected to know and follow the rules or be discharged and denied future access.
THE RECORD ROOM WILL BE AVAILABLE AS FOLLOWS:
- There are 6 tables available; one table per examiner (no “teams”)
- Tables available ONLY by RESERVATION (no longer first to arrive).
- Clerk’s Office will accept appointments ONLY by phone.
- A table is reserved for a 2-hour period, then the examiner (which includes attorneys) must leave immediately. If the table has not been reserved for the next 2-hour shift, the examiner may stay BUT that won’t be known until TIME OF SHIFT CHANGE.
- Examiners will NOT BE PERMITTED to connect their laptops or cell phones, or other devices to electrical outlets in the Office.
- The courthouse hallway DOES NOT HAVE tables or power cords. Your stay in the records room is for only 2 hours; make sure that your devices are powered-up before you arrive.
We ask that you keep your distance from others and have conversations outside of the office.
The “hours of availability” are as follows:
8:35 am to 10:35 am
10:40 am to 12:40 pm
12:45 pm to 2:45 pm
2:50 pm to 4:50 pm
Call 304-234-3656 ahead of time, to MAKE A RESERVATION.
PLEASE NOTE: you must be OUT OF THE ROOM when the time ends; have your belongings gathered BEFORE your time runs out. Failure to comply WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES may result in denial of future reservation / access to the records room.