Welcome to the Ohio County Clerk’s Office! Our goal is to provide the citizens of Ohio County and the general public with quality service in the areas of Document Recording, Vital Statistics and Fiduciary & Probate, as detailed on this website.
The County Clerk is: Michael E. Kelly
Services provided by the Ohio County Clerk’s Office include:
Maintain records of deeds, deeds of trust, leases, liens, releases, military discharge and various other documents.
- Record and index births, marriages and deaths in Ohio County
- Take applications for Marriage Licenses (must be used within 60 days of issuance anywhere within the State of West Virginia)
- Issue certified copies of these vital documents (limited access)
Fiduciary & Probate
- Probate and record Wills, file appraisements and settlements
- Appoint fiduciaries in estate matters
- Issue certified copies of Letters of Appointment (limited access)